- mix the oats, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds and almonds on a large baking sheet.
- In a bowl mix the oil, agave nectar or maple syrup, vanilla extract, cinnamon and salt together.
- Pour the liquid ingredients over the dry and mix together thoroughly.
- Bake in the oven for 30 - 40 minutes, with the timer set every 10 minutes when you should stir the ingredients around to make sure everything is cooking and browning consistently.
- When you return to the oven for the last 10 minutes, mix in the dried cherries. The granola is done when it's lightly browned. Remove from the oven and cool. When it's cool store in an airtight container. It will keep for at least a week, but I doubt it will last that long.
FOR THE BERRY MIXTURE
1 cup of blueberries
1 cup of raspberries
1 cup of strawberries, washed and quartered
1 teaspoon of sugar
Juice and zest of a lemon
Mix all the ingredients together in a bowl and let rest for 10 minutes or so before using.
To assemble the parfait, start with a layer of yogurt, then berries, then granola, repeat ending with a dollop of yogurt (I use Greek) and few berries and a sprig of mint.
Enjoy and feel virtuous!