Heat the oven to 375F
4 split chicken breasts, bone in, skin on (cut in half, so you have 8 pieces of chicken)
THE MARINADE 1 tablespoon of BROWN sugar, 1 tablespoon of country Dijon mustard, Juice of an orange, Zest of an orange, 1 tablespoon of red wine vinegar, 7 tablespoon of olive oil, Salt and pepper,
FOR ROASTING 3/4 cup of green olives, 1 cup of prunes, 1/4 cup of capers, 2 lemons or oranges, 1/2 cup of white wine, Parsley,
- Mix the marinade in a bowl and pour into a gallon zip lock bag. Add the chicken and put into the refrigerator for at least 2-3 hours or if your organized, overnight.
- When ready to roast, pour the chicken and marinade into a large baking dish, scatter the prunes, olives, capers and a few orange or lemon wedges among the chicken. Bake for approximately 50 minutes to an hour until the chicken is golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and place the chicken, olives, prunes, capers and citrus wedges to a warm serving platter and cover.
- Place the baking dish on the stove on a low heat and add the wine, stir and let simmer for 5 minutes or so until slightly thickened.
- Pour the juices over the chicken, sprinkle with parsley, add a few more citrus wedges and serve.
What is your families number one favorite dish?? or are there too many??