Monday, June 11, 2012

Homemade Cherry, Almond, Granola Yogurt Parfait.

Is it just me or do you find yourself having the same breakfast day after day?  Well this is mine.

The beauty of this is that it’s made ahead of time.  All you have to do is a simple assembly job with the granola, yogurt and berries, serve it in a pretty little glass and everyone feels special and looked after.

I have a large jar of this granola on my kitchen counter and the level goes down at an alarming rate, it’s great for snacking, so be sure to make a lot.

Cherry, Almond, Granola.

Heat the oven to 300 F

4 cups old fashioned oats
1 cup raw sunflower seeds
1/2 cup raw pumpkin seeds
1 1/2 cups of raw, organic almonds
1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
1/2 cup of organic canola oil
1/3 cup agave nectar
1 tablespoon of best quality vanilla extract
Pinch of sea salt
1 1/2 cups of dried cherries

Mix the oats, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds and almonds on a large baking sheet. In a bowl mix the oil, agave nectar, vanilla extract, cinnamon and salt together. Pour the liquid ingredients over the dry and mix together thoroughly.

Bake in the oven for 30 - 40 minutes, with the timer set every 10 minutes when you should stir the ingredients around to make sure everything is cooking and browning consistently.

When you return to the oven for the last 10 minutes, mix in the dried cherries. The granola is done when it's lightly browned. Remove from the oven and cool. Store in an airtight container.

To assemble the parfait, layer the yogurt, berries and granola and top with a sprig of mint.

37 comments:

  1. Love parfaits.. this one looks perfect for breakfast, lunch or a snack after dinner!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A delicious parfait! So fresh and wonderfully fruity.

    Cheers,

    Rosa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmmm, love homemade granola! And the parfait looks so pretty in that glass :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love parfaits Mary and this look awesome and delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am laughing as I write this because I am one of those people that has the same breakfast day after day and have been doing that since I was 17. GASP!

    I also spend $8.00 on my granola (tiny box) so I think making a batch of my own would be a smart thing to do. What a fun breakfast this would be. I would have to get dressed to eat this for breakfast as it feels so fancy!

    xoxo,
    Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Holy cow! This puts my boring old oatmeal to shame. I want to have breakfast with you :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great way to start the day! It makes sense to make your own granola, then you can be sure of what is going into it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love parfaits and your homemade granola sounds delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  9. this is beautiful, looks so pretty and delicious too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is a feast for the eyes as well as the taste buds. I can't think of a better way to start the morning. I hope you have a great day. Blessings...Mary

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yes, this is my kind of breakfast and snack! : )

    ReplyDelete
  12. this one looks perfect for my dinner!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your granola recipe sounds and looks delicious. It could make an excellent summer supper too I find!

    ReplyDelete
  14. that is so beautiful! I've been having berries over yogurt for weeks...but this looks SO much better! YUM

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very nice presentation! This will be great for entertaining.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Too funny-I am eating a bowl of yogurt with blackberries, granola and honey while going through my blog reads...We are working from the same wave length.

    Love this kind of treat.

    Velva

    ReplyDelete
  17. This granola looks so pretty Mary. My daughter is the big breakfast eater in our home, and these are three of her favourite things, I only wonder why I never though to put them together. Well, you've definitely inspired me now :-)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Absolutely beautiful! I could eat that everyday. Yogurt is a great start anytime.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh yum! I want this! I could eat this all day! Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I'm eating a granola parfait as I blog! I like the seeds in your recipe. And I love dried cherries. Looks like another recipe I need to Pin for future reference!

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a great way to start the day! Beautiful and delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  22. How wonderful! I love yogurt parfaits! My mom makes granola every week, so I'm passing your recipe along to her - I especially love that you added cherries!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I am sure this parfait would please my taste buds!!!So beautiful and delicious!xxx

    ReplyDelete
  24. Nothing like getting some great nutrition for such small effort. I love every layer of this and it would surely keep me satisfied for several hours. Lovely dessert!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love making parfaits for breakfast. Mine never look as pretty as this, but always tasty!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Rico postre te ha quedado de lujo,amo los farfaits ,cheers,hugs,hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  27. So healthy and delicious looking!

    ReplyDelete
  28. i am all about granola right now so this is definitely something I will be making soon! I love the red white and blue color theme!

    ReplyDelete
  29. What a pretty breakfast! We love granola and you are right, the contents of the jar does go down soooo quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Gorgeous and all my favorite ingredients!

    ReplyDelete
  31. oh yeah, i'm taking granola with yogurt quite often but then it doesnt come as nice as yours in the glass! beautiful clicks!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Mary these are the prettiest photos! And your granola sounds fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  33. This is one of my my favourite ways to enjoy breakfast. What a special treat to make your own granola.

    ReplyDelete
  34. Love granola and only eat homemade. This sounds de-lish. I'm about out of the one I have, so I'll have to try this.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping in, I'd love to hear from you so do leave a comment!