Monday, January 14, 2013

Mushroom Omelette with Oven Roasted Tomatoes.



I once read in an Italian cookbook that if you have eggs in the fridge you have a meal.  The author  referred to the eggs as "pearls from the hen house" which I thought was a rather lovely way of describing them.  Well I had eggs, some mushrooms, grape tomatoes and some parsley.  Plenty of ingredients for a wonderful lunch.  I roasted the tomatoes at a high heat in the oven while I cooked the omlette then scattered them over the top with a sprinkle of parsley. The secret to a beautiful looking omelette is of course a non stick pan!

Mushroom Omelette with Oven Roasted Tomatoes.

1 carton of mushrooms (I used cremini) wiped and chopped
1 tablespoons olive oil
2 tablespoons unsalted butter
Sea salt and fresh ground black pepper
Fresh parsley
A hearty shake of Worcestershire sauce,

2 tablespoons unsalted butter
4 eggs, lightly beaten
Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper

1 small carton of grape tomatoes
1 scant tablespoon of olive oil
Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper

Heat the oven to 425 F

Place the tomatoes on a baking sheet, lightly cover with olive oil, sprinkle with salt and pepper. Place in the oven to roast.

In a saute pan heat the olive oil and butter until the butter is foaming.  Add the mushrooms and sprinkle with a touch of parsley, salt and pepper, saute for approx 4-5 minutes until the mushrooms are cooked. Remove from heat and set aside.

Heat a tablespoon of butter another pan for the omelette.  When the butter is hot, swirl it in the pan, add the eggs, allow to cook for about 2 minutes.  Remove from heat and shake the pan to revent any of the egg sticking.  Return to the heat. 

Place the mushrooms and another sprinkle of parsley in the middle of the omelette.



Allow to cook for a few minutes.  Roll the edges over the mushrooms, gently turn the omlette over so the seam is face down in the pan.  Allow to cook for a further 2 minutes or so.

Gently ease the omelette onto a plate.  Remove the tomatoes from the oven, scatter over the top of the omelette along with any leftover mushrooms,fresh parsley and a sprinkle of salt and pepper.

40 comments:

  1. My refrigerator never looks empty a long as there are eggs inside. This omelette looks lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful omelette recipe! I adore just about any veggies in my omelettes, but mushrooms are one of my favorites. Yours looks so perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have roasted tomatoes in the freezer and think I need an omelette for breakfast! Very great meal, morning, noon or night.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mary,
    Your omeette is so inviting, and I love roasting the tomatoes. Being a baker, I always have eggs in the fridge. My husband made an omelette this mornin with chhese, and black Forest Ham. HE puts ketchup on his omelettes, which I think ruins it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can't tell from the photo - are the tomatoes halved? I do love mushrooms in an omelet or just about anywhere else. With cheese too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your photo looks fantastic! What kind of camera do you use? x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mushroom omelette - divine. Yours looks very tasty and I love the idea of roasted tomatoes with it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. We often have an omelet for dinner. So versatile, whatever is in the fridge works. This looks like a yummy combo.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I do agree that one is good to go with eggs on hand. Many things are delicious in an omelet but my favorite is mushrooms! I can only imagine how tasty the oven roasted tomatoes were.

    Best,
    Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love quick recipes like this when time is short! I find that mushroom omelettes are really the best! This looks delicious!
    Thank you for your visit to my place!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love omelettes, I think I could eat them five days a week. For breakfast or otherwise; I really need to get the kids on board with them. I'm having so much fun browsing through all your posts, thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  12. oh this looks so good, a great way to use leftovers too!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is perfect for January. Good old mushrooms - heightened. Tomatoes made sweeter by roasting them. I am back getting my blogging act together and am now following.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Eggs are my most necessary ingredient, Mary!! I have one for breakfast every day and need them for so many things. Your omelete looks fabulous...I'll be over for breakfast in the morning!! (I wish!)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Another good one. AND I think this time I'm able to respond. xx Rita

    ReplyDelete
  16. oh that first shot is to die for! It looks juicy and rich and flavorful and i am wishing i was having it for dinner honestly! Love it

    ReplyDelete
  17. So true - I always make sure I have eggs - the ultimate tasty fast food! The addition of Worcestershire sauce is something I shall try.
    http://missbbobochic.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  18. To me, this would be delicious for breakfast, lunch or dinner!

    ReplyDelete
  19. This can be eaten any moment of the day. Aren´t roasted tomatoes great? I love them. The worcestershire sauce is something to try with my next scrambled eggs. Nice job Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  20. That is a lovely mediterranean suggestion!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I can definitely make a meal out of eggs! The omelet looks wonderful and delicious especially with those tomatoes!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I'll eat just about anything smothered in mushrooms and roasted tomatoes! YUM

    ReplyDelete
  23. What a gorgeous omelet! Filled with all those mushrooms, it can be nothing except delicious!!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Your mushroom omelet looks great! I love simple meals and it's been a while since I treated myself to an omelet. I might have to do something about that.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Yum. I could totally eat that for dinner. My omelet's never look that pretty. Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Looks so delicious! A super great idea to serve with mushrooms! Love this!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Perfection!! My omelet's always end up looking more like scrambled eggs than an actual omelet... :)

    ReplyDelete
  28. This looks and sounds amazing. I really must give this a try. I am a big fan of eggs in any guise and your omelet is perfect. Have a great day. Blessings...Mary

    ReplyDelete
  29. I'm having a simple yet delicious omelette tonight, thanks to your post!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Eggs and sauteed mushrooms are a perfect combination in my book! We eat eggs ALL the time...breakfast, lunch, and dinner! They ARE the pearls of the henhouse.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Proof that simple is indeed best! Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Your omelette looks yummy. I love the mushroom and roasted tomatoes. I love having egg dishes for lunch and dinner, eggs aren't just for breakfast.

    ReplyDelete
  33. I haven't made an omelette in ages. It was one of the first dishes I made on my own as a child. I should whip some up again. And I'm totally into mushrooms right now. I can't get enough!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Omelettes make such a great, easy meal. What a beautiful recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  35. It's so true! I often forget about eggs when staring at my fridge and wondering what I coudl possibly make for dinner but I'm trying to be better about it. This omelet sounds great!

    ReplyDelete
  36. I would love to eat this omelette for my brunch! Yum! But, I need to stock more pearls from hen house now...

    ReplyDelete
  37. Mary, you really do post the most wonderful recipe ideas that are sure to please all family members - this omelette looks and sounds so delicious - nice idea to add those wonderful oven roasted tomatoes and the cremini mushrooms (my personal favorite).

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping in, I'd love to hear from you so do leave a comment!